- Haust, Vår
- Talet på semester
- Norwegian or English
Mål og innhald
- What are the relationships among growth, inequality, and poverty?
- What are the empirical patterns of growth?
- What are the deep determinants of economic development?
A candidate who has completed his or her qualification should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Has an understanding of the long-run drivers of differences in income levels across countries
- Can outline the main patterns of development in the world in recent decades
- Is able to explain how to measure poverty and inequality as well as how these phenomena influence and are influenced by economic growth
- Can provide an overview of major structural characteristics of poor economies
- Knows the big picture in terms of financial flows to and from developing countries
- Understands important drivers behind international economic migration
- Has the ability to formulate precise and relevant problems within development economics
- Is able to investigate, analyze, and present topical issues within the field
- Master analytical methods in the form of relevant economic models
- Can acquire and develop further knowledge and skills within the field
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
One compulsory assignment. Graded approved or not approved.
The grade for the course is based on the written examination provided that the students have passed the assignment. Approved compulsory requirements do not have time limits.
Compulsory assignments that are not accepted on the first try, may be handed in a second time. To be able to get this opportunity, the student must have made a sincere effort the first time around; that is, the student must have tried to answer most of the assignment.
4 hours written exam
The exam will be given in the language in which the course is taught.
The exam can be submitted in English. It is also possible to submit in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
Assessment in teaching semester.
A resit exam is arranged for students with valid absence according to UiBs study regulations § 5-5.
If a resit exam is arranged, it is available for students with the following results/absences:
- Medical certificate/valid absence
- Interrupted exam
- Fail/Not passed
If you have the right to take a resit exam and a resit exam is arranged for students with valid absence, you can register yourself in StudentWeb after January 15th/August 1st.
Hjelpemiddel til eksamen
Institutt for økonomi kan gjennomføre stikkprøvar av hjelpemidla i eksamenslokalet.