Vitskapsteori og forskingsdesign for geografar
- Talet på semester
Mål og innhald
On completion of the course the student should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has knowledge of basic theory or philosophy of science perspectives and concepts and their implications for research design
- has knowledge about different perspectives on the relation between science and society
- can critically reflect upon different perspectives in philosophy or theory of science relevant for their own work and for the discipline of geography
- can formulate academic arguments based on different epistemological positions or perspectives
- can outline the implications of different perspectives in philosophy or theory of science for research design
- can critically reflect upon philosophy or theory of science aspects and societal aspects of his/hers own research and academic area of expertise, including when communicating across disciplines or societal domains
- can critically reflect upon the relation between science/expertise and society
Krav til forkunnskapar
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
- 3 joint lectures
- 4 parallel lectures based on specialissation
- Total: 7 lectures (14 hours) 7 weeks
- 3 parallel seminars based on specialsation
- Total: 3 seminars (6 hours) 3 weeks
The compulsory activities must be approved in order to take the exam. Approved compulsory activities are valid in the current and following two semesters.
Home exam, 5 days
The exam will be given in the language in which the course is taught.
The exam can be submitted in English, Norwegian, Swedish or Danish
Assessment in teaching semester
A retake exam is arranged for students with valid absence according to UiB study regulations § 5-5 .
If there is a retake exam for students with valid absence, all students with valid compulsory activity can sign up for the retake exam. If you have the right to take a retake exam and a retake exam is arranged for students with valid absences, you can sign up yourself in Studentweb after August 1.