Politisk organisering og flernivåstyring
- Talet på semester
Mål og innhald
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
The student has knowledgde about
- organization theory approaches to how formal organizations function.
- multi-level governance, implementation, and transformative approaches.
- an institutional approach, which combines instrumental models, cultural perspectives, and environmental adaptation.
- european cooperation, constitutionalism, international integration and institution-building.
- political governance, democratic control of the representatives, and accountability.
- can discuss and reflect on the relevance of theories and theoretical concepts.
- understand why theory is important for empirical research.
- is able to use theory and theoretical concepts to develop empirical indicators.
- is able to read and understand advanced scientific articles.
The student has
- analytical skills and competency in political science and public administration
- enhanced competence to discuss academic literature with peers and others
- improved ability to read scholarly literature instrumentally and critically
- improved ability to identify relevant research questions in social sciences
- improved competency to write an analytical paper
Krav til forkunnskapar
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Lectures, discussions and guest lecturers
At five or less registered students, course activities and teaching will be in the form of seminars and comprise lesser extent of activities than as outlined in the timetable.
Submission and presentation of a reflection paper of a scientific paper, maximum 1200 words. Full attendance to no less than 80 % of the class meetings is required to be able to sit for exam.
The compulsory assignment must be approved in order to take the exam. Approved compulsory assignments are valid in the current and following two semesters.