Mål og innhald
The course ACTIVATION approaches, explores, and questions ¿what¿ and ¿how¿ we are working as artists.
What are the words and wordings specific to one¿s practice? How one can use and manipulate spoken and written languages within an artwork, along a process, and in an artistic discourse?
ACTIVATION consists of a toolbox of references, formats, and practices to be activated by the artist-students.
- Words and wordings in artworks and artistic practices.
- Forms, functions, and aesthetic of textual materials.
- Formats of Text-based Artworks and presentations.
- To reflect on text-based material in one¿s own artistic practice.
- To formulate contents between written and oral presentations.
- To familiarize oneself with visual communication.
- To observe, read, and listen to peers.
- To engage with knowledge.
- To work within and as a group.
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Lecture and workshop, individual and collective practices, presentations and conversations.
A personal artistic statement (100-250 words) + a list of artistic, theoretical and historical references (5-10).