- ECTS credits
- Teaching semesters
- Course code
- Number of semesters
- Norwegian/English depending on host company.
Objectives and Content
The practice shall contribute to connect the learning in the studies to the working tasks at the host company or institution for the internship. Through observations, guidance and practical experience, the student shall acquire knowledge about his or her future work and relevance of the competence.
The students participate in the work task of the company or institution in which they are placed. It is a precondition that they can participate in assignments that are relevant in relation to their professional competence and in relation to the business or institution's needs.
On completion of the course the student should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has general work experience and knowledge about the specific branch
- has insight into the work tasks at the company or institution
- can observe, interact, guide and practical execution of the profession
- can describe how the work is organized
- can apply his/her competence to relevant practical work tasks
- can summarize and present the work done during the internship, both in writing and through oral presentation
- can reflect upon the relation between theory and experience based learning
- can reflect in her/his own role in interaction and cooperation with others in a work context
Level of Study
Semester of Instruction
Required Previous Knowledge
Access to the Course
Teaching and learning methods
A written contract is drawn up between the student, UiB and the place of practice, and the student must submit a time list signed by the place of practice and student. Detailed guidelines and deadlines are announced at the start of the course.
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Forms of Assessment
The course uses portfolio assessment and oral presentation of the content of the work practice deployment with the grade pass/fail.
The portfolio consists of the following parts:
- Two reflection journals (each with 1-2 pictures) during the work practice deployment, designed as blog posts
- Final reflection journal
- Submitted time sheets signed by the contract person at the practice site
The content of the portfolio must be approved prior to the oral presentation of the work practice deployment. The portfolio and the oral presentation counts for 50 % each of the final grade. Both elements must be passed in order to get the overall course grade "passed".
Referents groups will be used each year.