- ECTS credits
- Teaching semesters
- Course code
- Number of semesters
Objectives and Content
On completion of this course the students should have the following learning outcomes
The student has:
- in depth knowledge of professional etiquette and culture
- in depth knowledge of how to research the background, mission and activities of an organization the student has newly joined
- capacity to integrate theoretical and methodological knowledge with work-life challenges and practice.
The student has the ability to:
- commit to professional work life, establish professional contacts, and work within a set organizational structure.
- plan and carry out complex tasks and projects in the internship organization, and to reflect critically on performance and choices made
- demonstrate the academic and personal skills required to reflect upon professional experiences in an ethical and socially responsible manner.
By the end of the course the student has:
- the ability to enhance one's own professional competency based on reflection over self-assessed and mentor-assessed performance
- the ability to be a good team player
- the ability to make professional commitments and adhere to them
Level of Study
Semester of Instruction
Place of Instruction
Required Previous Knowledge
Credit Reduction due to Course Overlap
Access to the Course
Teaching and learning methods
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Forms of Assessment
A 5000 word (excluding the title page, table of contents, references, tables, and all attachments) internship report delivered by the end of the internship semester, discussing learning outcomes including the student´s own expectations and experiences.
The report should focus on a) a description of the goals and expectations before the internship, b) a description of activities, tasks, methods learned and professional experiences during the internship, c) a discussion of the results achieved including critical reflection about the experience. The form and content should adhere to the general standards of scientific work (academic essay).
The exam will be given in the language in which the course is taught.
The exam answer can be submitted in English.
Assessment in teaching semester.
A retake exam is arranged for students with valid absence according to § 5-5 in the UiB regulations.
If there is a retake exam, this will be available for students with the follow results/absences:
- Medical certificate/valid absence
- Interruption during the exam
If you have the right to take a retake exam and a retake exam is arranged for students with valid absences, you can sign up yourself in Studentweb after January 15.