Objectives and Content
- Discuss the scientific basis for nanotechnology.
- Relate the nanostructure of a material to its properties.
- Describe top-down approaches to the preparation of nanostructures.
- Identify and describe physical principles and practical aspects of selected techniques for characterizing the nanostructure of materials.
- On the basis of a material's properties and requirements with respect to resolution, magnification and chemical speciation.
Semester of Instruction
Place of Instruction
Recommended Previous Knowledge
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Compulsory attendance in laboratory exercises and in addition approved laboratory report for each laboratory exercise (3 out of 3).
Laboratory report must be approved at least 2 weeks in advance of the exam.
Compulsory assignments are valid in 3 subsequent semester.