Writing Course and Project Description
- Talet på semester
Mål og innhald
- Choose relevant knowledge in system dynamics related to their field of interest and/or specialization within system dynamics.
- Choose a topic for a master thesis, develop and narrow it down to a clear, researchable question that can be investigated within the given time and resource limits.
- Carry out an independent project with the support of a supervisor.
- Argue scientifically, structure a master thesis and follow good scientific use of references.
- Identify ethical issues in a research project and register such project for ethical clearance.
- Carry out systematic search in the library, in scientific and other databases, and interpret and evaluate data and literature critically.
- Document a system dynamics model according to state-of-the-art guidelines.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Live-streamed, recorded and stored lectures and seminars with active participation by students in a 2 week intensive course in August/September.
Total: 4-5 lectures à 2 hours per week - 9 lectures in the first two weeks.
Assignments and milestone meetings (on campus and remotely) between September and December.
1 seminar with presentations in December
- During the first phase of the course, a thought paper (1-2 pages: first week) with the aim to develop theme, perspective and argument
- A project draft (3-4 pages; second week) which seeks to develop the project towards a scientific problem, including important references
Oral seminar presentation in December
A project description of 5-10 pages, containing an elaborate description of theme, aim and justification of the project, scientific problem, and a brief outline of research design, methodology, and planned Schedule.
The exam assignment will be given in the language of instruction in the course.
The exam answer must be submitted in the same language as the exam assignment.