Objectives and Content
- Understand and describe plant diversity, evolution, classification and distribution.
- Understand and describe plant morphology from an evolutionary and systematic perspective.
- Recognize and name a selection of families and important plant groups.
- Perform botanical fieldwork and collection of material.
Semester of Instruction
Spring-autumn. The course starts at the end of the spring semester, and ends in the autumn semester.
This course has a limited capacity, enrolment is based on application. The application deadline is Wednesday in week 2 for the spring semester. Please see this page for more information. You will receive confirmation of whether you received a seat in Studentweb no later than Monday the week after the deadline.
The time of the first lecture/orientation meeting can be found in the schedule on the course website or on Mitt UiB.
Place of Instruction
Required Previous Knowledge
Recommended Previous Knowledge
Teaching and learning methods
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Forms of Assessment
Portfolio assessment. The following are included in the portfolio:
- Approved lab journals.
- Presentation of seedplant ggroups
Each part counts 1/3