Objectives and Content
The main objective of the course is to introduce the students to basic rules, guidelines, and practice of scientific writing.
The students solve problems and practice reading, writing, and peer reviewing of scientific texts.
On completion of the course the student should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has good understanding of the terms and phrases used in scientific writing.
- can explain the structure and basic elements of scientific texts.
- knows guidelines and principles for grammar and style of scientific texts in English, visual display of quantitative information, research ethics, and open publication.
- Is able to write and evaluate scientific texts in English
- can use tools for text editing and graphical representation of data
- can prepare oral presentations and posters for scientific conferences.
- can communicate scientific work in writing and orally
Level of Study
Semester of Instruction
Place of Instruction
Required Previous Knowledge
Recommended Previous Knowledge
Credit Reduction due to Course Overlap
Access to the Course
- MAMN-PRO: Energy- and Process Technology, Master, 2 years
- 5MAMN-ENER: Energy, Integrated Master, 5 years
- Doctoral candidates admitted to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences